Company:SAFT is the specialist in high-tech batteries for industry, from design and development to production, customization to service delivery. For nearly 100 years, SAFT has been providing its customers with batteries with an increasingly long service life for emergency power and propulsion of their critical applications. Our innovative, safe and reliable technology ensures high performance in space, sea, air and land. SAFT provides energy for industry and smart cities, while providing emergency functions in extreme environments from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara desert.
SAFT, a wholly-owned subsidiary of TOTAL, is part of the Group's Gas Renewables & Power division.
Job description:The SAFT Research department located in Bordeaux is recruiting a scientist. In the frame of a defined research program, he/she will be responsible for the understanding of fundamental phenomena limiting the performance of new generation batteries in order to propose and validate innovative solutions enabling performance and cost optimization.Missions:
- Propose innovative solutions, design and conduct studies on new materials, electrode formulations, concept, process and limiting mechanisms
- Propose a work plan and implement the ideas to meet the requirements defined in the technological roadmap and technical program
- Organize and control the work of the technicians of his/her team
- Write synthesis report and communicate the results to hierarchy and divisions
- Conduct a technology watch by keeping up to date with the international state of the art and bibliography in his/her field
- Participate to international conference (presentation or scientific paper)
- Propose new patentable ideas
- Doctor Engineer in electrochemistry / Solid state chemistry. Ideally, the candidate will have good knowledge and experience on all solid state batteries using polymer and/or ceramic electrolyte.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar position
- Creative spirit
- Quality in relationship
- Fluent english