SAFT, a wholly-owned subsidiary of TOTAL, is part of the Group's Gas Renewables & Power division.
Job description:The SAFT Research department located in Bordeaux is recruiting a scientist. In the frame of a defined research program, he/she will be responsible for the understanding of fundamental phenomena limiting the performance of new generation batteries in order to propose and validate innovative solutions enabling performance and cost optimization.Missions:
- Propose innovative solutions, design and conduct studies on new materials, electrode formulations, concept, process and limiting mechanisms
- Propose a work plan and implement the ideas to meet the requirements defined in the technological roadmap and technical program
- Organize and control the work of the technicians of his/her team
- Write synthesis report and communicate the results to hierarchy and divisions
- Conduct a technology watch by keeping up to date with the international state of the art and bibliography in his/her field
- Participate to international conference (presentation or scientific paper)
- Propose new patentable ideas
- Doctor Engineer in electrochemistry / Solid state chemistry. Ideally, the candidate will have good knowledge and experience on all solid state batteries using polymer and/or ceramic electrolyte.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar position
- Creative spirit
- Quality in relationship
- Fluent english