Research Fellow on Lithium-ion battery cathodes (Faraday Institution´s FutureCat project)
Applications are invited for a Research Fellow to work in the group of Dr Tapia-Ruiz in the Department of Chemistry at Lancaster University. The appointee will use advanced synthetic and characterisation techniques to develop advanced positive electrode materials for Li-ion batteries. The position is available immediately and runs until March 2021 (with a possible extension to 4 years).
Research Fellows on Next-Generation Na-ion batteries (Faraday Institution´s NEXGENNA project)
Applications are invited for two Research Fellows to work in the group of Dr Tapia-Ruiz in the Department of Chemistry at Lancaster University. The appointee will use advanced synthetic and characterisation techniques to develop novel layered oxide-type cathode and anode materials for Na-ion batteries.
Research and Teaching
Université de Picardie Jules Verne is recruiting A Research Engineer (BAP B - Materials synthesis) in one-year contract (further extension possible), located at the Laboratoire de Réactivité et Chimie des Solides (LRCS, UMR CNRS 7314)
As from September 2019Mission: The Materials Science / Characterization Engineer will be in charge of developing and managing the pre-transfer platform dedicated to the manufacture and/or the recyclability of materials for energy storage and conversion
- She/he will take part of the roadmap development of materials of interest,
- She/he will study, analyze and implement the relevant synthetic methodologies to reach the kg-scale,
- She/he will take part of their chemical, morphological and structural characterization,
- She/he will be in charge of welcoming researchers and manufacturers working with LRCS on those activities, in particular in the framework of the RS2E-STORE-EX
A new vacancy for a scientist in the Science Division / Diffraction Group (ref 19/16) has just been published on the following site: www.ill.eu/en/careers/
ERASMUS MUNDUS MESC+ Master Course welcomes applications of students from all over the world, including Europe, until MARCH 10, 2019.
The ERASMUS MUNDUS MESC+ Master Course welcomes applications of students from all over the world, including Europe, until MARCH 10, 2019.
Students selected will have a unique chance to study in France (Toulouse, Amiens), Poland (Warsaw), Slovenia (Ljubljana) and Bilbao (Spain) as well as in the USA (Drexel Philadelphia) or AUSTRALIA (Deakin Melbourne).
The MESC+ Master Course has established a strong partnership with the RS2E and the ALISTORE-ERI networks (including their industrial members), as well as research centers such as the CIC Energigune (Spain) and the NIC (Slovenia).
Please forward extensively to your personal network(s), your respective institutions, your undergraduate students etc...... the following important information, in the body of this message as well as in the attached PDF file.
Applications at : https://www.u-picardie.fr/come-to-the-upjv/mundus-mesc/applications/
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for collecting, analysing and reporting technology evolutions from the rechargeable battery market, on the short, mid and long term and give guidance to the Technology Strategy team. You will report to the Strategic Insights and Analytics (SIA) Manager.
- You identify and translate into materials related metrics the technology drivers for the various Li-ion technologies and markets: type of chemistries, evolutions and trends…etc. This includes cathode and anode materials evolution but also other components in the cell.
- You monitor key players technology moves in the value chain with deep focus on peers and competitors’ technology strategy (following literature, patents, public announcements….).
- You monitor technical progresses of “post Li-Ion” technologies such as Li-S, Li-Air, Solid State Batteries etc. You have a critical technical assessment of the value of these disruptive technologies and of their key players.
- With a focus on the Energy Stationary Storage Market, you monitor non-Li-ion technologies such as flywheels, capacitors, other electrochemical solution (NiMH, advanced lead acid), flow batteries, compressed air…For each of these technologies you also identify key players and give a critical view on their technical challenges.
- You summarize and report your findings on a regular basis for use by management in defining RBM innovation roadmap and global technology strategy.
- You attend conferences and fairs, interact with external technology analysts to gain knowledge and get insights on technology evolutions in the markets of interest for Umicore.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master’s degree in chemistry, Physics, Material Sciences, Engineering, or similar with experience in the field of batteries. A PhD is a plus but is not required.
- A 1 or 2 years’ experience in consulting or in a similar position is a plus.
- You are keen to continuously learn about emerging technologies and their real-world applications.
- You are excellent at finding, compiling and analysing new technical information.
- You are a data cruncher, computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft (and associated) tools.
- You are multilingual (English, and minimum one out of other languages like Dutch, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese).
- You are a critical thinker and are able to work in a team as well as independently.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
MESC+ 'MATERIALS FOR ENERGY STORAGE & CONVERSION +' LABELLED BY ERASMUS+ AS AN ERASMUS MUNDUS JOINT MASTER DEGREE FROM 2018 TO 2024
The MESC+ Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree is a 2-year programme in Materials Science and Electrochemistry, fully taught in English, involving 5 Universities in 4 European countries (France, Poland, Slovenia and Spain), 2 Universities in USA and Australia, a European Research Institute (ALISTORE), the French Network on Energy Storage (RS2E), the Slovenian National Institute of Chemistry (NIC) and a leading Research Center in Spain (CIC Energigune).
Salary: Starting from € 25.000 neat / year
Placed On: Monday August 27, 2018
Closing Date: Friday September 28, 2018
Interview Dates: October 2nd & 3rd, 2018
Reference: UFO Project
The Institute of Energy and Climate Research, Materials Synthesis and Processing (IEK-1) offers the positions of:
PhD students and Postdoc in the field of solid-state batteries
Postdoctoral position: High valent iron for energy applications, spectroscopic characterization and DFT methods
The French network for electrochemical energy storage (RS2E) develops new materials, devices and analytical tools for energy storage and conversion. The fine characterization of materials and the understanding of reaction mechanisms are at the heart of RS2E’s research efforts.